奶酪的起源 The Origin of Cheese
The Origin of Cheese
No one knows who has made the first cheese,but an old legend says that it was an Arabian merchant.He put his milk in a pouch made from a sheep's stomach and set off across the desert.The jouncing of his camel,the desert heat,and the chemicals in the pouch lining made the milk separate into curds and whey.The thick part,or curd was the first cheese.
Ancient records show that cheese has been eaten for more than one thousand years.From the earliest times,it has been considered a very nourishing food.Americans eat less cheese than people in some countries do,yet they still consume eight to ten pounds a year per person.
Today cheese is made all over the world.Most cheese is made from cow's milk,because the supply of this milk is greater throughout the world.Smaller quantities come from the milk of other animals:goats, sheep,camels,and even reindeer.
- ·金钱是万能的吗? IS Money All-powertul?
- ·我对赶时髦的看法 My View on Following the Fashion
- ·动物园的弊端 Bad Things About Zoos
- ·素质教育 Quality oriented Education
- ·T恤衫的历史 The History of T-shirts
- ·奶酪的起源 The Origin of Cheese
- ·货币的历史 The History of Money
- ·计算机 Computer
- ·我的学校 My School
- ·长城 The Great Wall
- ·如何栽花? How to Plant Flowers?
- ·照相机的历史 The History of Camera